Church School Vision
We build upon strong foundations of excellent teaching, with high expectations of children’s achievements, encouraging all pupils to aspire to be the very best that they can be in the future.
We do this by:
- being generous and visible people of Jesus Christ, helping our local community to discover together the transforming presence of God in our lives.
- striving to provide and maintain for our pupils an education that provides opportunities so that they can explore and develop their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness, high standards of personal behaviour, a positive caring attitude towards other people, an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.
- promoting the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our school is based on Christian principles, where Christian concern is shown for all teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and children. By enabling our children to discover and develop their talents and spirituality, and by making Christian worship central to the life of the school, we will give them the strong foundations that will enable them to make a positive contribution to their community and to the environment in which they live. By offering a curriculum that is stimulating, demanding and appropriate to the individual ability of each child and by celebrating all children’s achievements, we will foster high expectations.
Our children will:
- understand how to lead a healthy life, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually
- understand how to keep themselves and others safe
- through their enjoyment of school life, confidently explore the world and fulfil their potential
- become caring members of the school and the wider community, with an excellent attitude towards learning
- acquire the key skills of communication, literacy and numeracy that will enable them to adapt to a changing society.