You may already be aware that Great Paxton School has an after-school club but we would like to tell you a little more about who we are and what we offer.
Our after-school club is called IMP (which stands for In Mobile Playing) and we are located in the mobile at the rear of the school. We are normally open from 3:15 until 5.15 pm, Monday to Thursday during term time and the sessions are currently priced as follows:
- 3:15 until 4:15 is £4
- 3.15 until 5:15 is £7
Many parents do make regular bookings for their children because of their work commitments but we are not just a club to support working parents. WE WELCOME ALL CHILDREN. Your child may wish to attend once a week for example, to participate in our activities and spend quality time with their friends after school. Children are welcome to stay for the whole session or part of the session depending on your requirements.
We like to think of IMP as a ‘home from home’ where our children can socialise with their friends, participate in activities of their choice or simply chill out after their day at school.
- A safe, warm, welcoming environment
- Healthy snacks and drinks to keep them going until home time
- Equipment, games and resources to fuel their enthusiasm, competitiveness, curiosity and creativity
- An opportunity to let off steam in a controlled environment
- Homework support on request (we are not a homework club but if the children want to complete their homework and they need help we will endeavour to support them)
In return we expect the children to treat each other and members of staff with respect and to behave appropriately. We support them with any friendship issues they may have during sessions and help them to find their own solutions.
If you would like to know more about IMP please feel free to contact us and we will gladly answer your questions.
We look forward to meeting you.
Have a look at our Firework Night that took place this year - it is spectacular:
Kind regards from all the IMP staff.